Saturday, June 2, 2012

stay at home mom


You gave me a job.
I gave it back.
Because you gave me a child.
Twice.
I loved them more.
You have always
 provided all we need
And more.
I will pursue nothing
without you.

You are the Giver.
My hands are open.
My heart is
Longing for you,
and no vain pursuit will satisfy.

Lord, what would you have me do?
The laundry is done.
Cupboards are full.
The house is clean,
quiet
empty for hours
of the day.

Fills these hands.
Please.
Give me good work to do.
Work that will last beyond
books on shelves no longer studied,
and recylcled
papers
written on - long ago,
now stale with
old ideas.

You are the Giver.
Of every good and perfect
Gift.
I wait for you.
Because you have never
left me
unsatisfied.



2 comments:

  1. Had a feeling you may have blogged this weekend. :) Praying for your heart to be joyful and satisfied and that He makes it so unbelievably clear what He wants you to do and puts people in your path that will help you achieve it...whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Establish the work of our hands, YES, establish the work of our hands!! Praying for you sister!!

    ReplyDelete