Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Buddy System Works

Hey! You're not trying to go it alone, are you? I have to ask - because...that is what I often try to do. I'm not quite sure if it's my pride, or if at times, I just don't realize I'm trying to do something alone and what I really need - is help..But - whatever the case, there are times when I try to "go it alone", and I strive terribly and then fail in the process.

So - I'm reaching out to you today with some encouragement. Please know you are not alone, nor are you meant to be.

First of all, God is with you;  He knows our frame. He knows what we are made of and capable of realizing and accomplishing in flesh.

 "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. ...The Lord, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31: 6, 8.

Strong encouragement to Moses, who must have thought - "HOW on earth can I accomplish what you are asking me to do???" God did not leave him without help. Moses and ...Aaron...right? Moses and...Joshua...God equipped His people with people - who, together, accomplished God's great purposes. CRAZY good stuff! Crazy good!

God did not create man to be alone in this life, He created man for relationship. You know I don't mean just marriage either, because although marriage is the ultimate earthly relationship, marriage is not everything in this life. Right? Where would we be without our friends? People who come alongside of us - even in our marriages, if you're married, - to help us grow, and serve God, and live out our faith; what a gift to our lives! You know what I'm sayin', right? Our marriage is stronger because of the godly women in our life - and the godly men in our husband's life who teach us, encourage us, and hold us accountable as we love one another. HUGE THANK YOU JESUS! Yes, I'm thanking God with you! So so good! So true and good!

And why would it be different in anything else? Scripture upon scripture I see the fortification of God's purposes through the buddy system. Consider this idea - story upon story. It's true. There is always someone or some people who come alongside of another person or people to accomplish what God is working out in them and through them. Are you thinkin' about it?

Adam and Eve
Noah and his family
Abraham and Sarah
Isaac and Rebekah
Jacob and Esau
Rahab and the spies from Israel
David and Jonathan

Should I go on? Because the Bible is filled not only with these examples, but instruction to support every one.

"Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works." Hosea 10:24

What are you trying to accomplish all by yourself? A heart issue, a faith issue, a personal goal whether spiritual or physical, a challenge in your marriage, with your children, with your family, in your home, at your work, a project, a dream.... what are you doing all by yourself that you could accomplish if you would just seek the help of someone else...someone who will love you, encourage you, and come alongside you in your efforts...???

Who do you know that loves you? and better yet - will love God with you - and pray for you in your efforts while putting hands on to the project with you... Got a name? That's a gift from God my friend! And if you don't have a name yet - keep praying...you will. God is faithful to equip us with EVERYTHING that we need to live a godly life. II Peter 1!

Do you believe what I am telling you? I hope so! I have tried too many times to go it alone, and I know that it does not work...no matter what "it" is. If you don't believe me...Listen to our God. Be encouraged! You aren't a failure for not being able to do it alone - you are God's design...and that means you were never made to do anything alone. You can't remake that image. FATHERSONHOLYSPIRIT image in you. Forever. Not alone.

"The Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone." Genesis 2:18

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls. for he has no one to help him up."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

I'm with you! We need one another!



6 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder!!! Our society seems to be relaying messages that we are somehow "stronger" if we can make it on our own, accomplish things on our own...it was never meant to be that way! Thanks for the encouragement today...Reminds me too, about why writing groups are so important (: So glad to have made those connections!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So thankful for our new team, Lisa! Much of my inspiration for writing!

      Delete
  2. L.O.V.E.D. THIS LAURA!!! Recently been realizing this myself! Jesus, too, used the "buddy system" in his time here on earth! Why do we ever feel like we need to do it alone? LIES! Ugh! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth! Over and over again I have beaten myself up for failing, lacking discipline, quitting...the things I've actually accomplished have always been done with someone. Teach it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ALWAYS my encourager, Sarah! learning with you is a gift!

      Delete