Sunday, July 8, 2012

Get over IT.



I hate that phrase."GET OVER IT" opposes the reason why I love my God so passionately. I cannot get over my past - even my present mistakes. I seek my God IN the midst of my mistakes. He speaks to me from His Word concerning every issue - every thought - every deed, and I hear Him. This is my eye to eye - heart to heart - one on one - with Jesus that endears me to my Savior. I do not get over that.

I get Luke 7:36-50, where a woman - who is described simply as a woman "who lived a sinful life", comes before Jesus crying. She is in the home of a Pharisee - a teacher of the Law - who would have condemned her without blinking, and yet she humbly moves past him to the feet of Jesus. There she cries and kisses his feet, washing them with her tears and drying them with her hair.

The Pharisee is disgusted. But Jesus rebukes him, lovingly. Jesus, instead of identifying her sin - he focuses on her adoration. He said to the indignant Pharisee - "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I Entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell, you, her many sins have been forgiven - as her great love has shown."

Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven...Your faith has saved you; go in peace." 


Jesus did not say, "Get over it." What he told her was she had been forgiven because of her faith in Him - and that she could have peace; - no more heartache.

Do you think she ever "got over" this encounter with her Savior? Yeahhhh - I'm thinkin' NO. You don't get over grace. You move - forward- in it with much love. I do not dwell on the past - but live intentionally for Jesus because of my past. My past does not leave me stymied - but rather catapults my understanding of God's love and favor each day. Pitfalls are avoided because of light and understanding. Are they not?

I woke with much JOY over God's truth that filled my heart on July 8th, 2012. Can I share it with you? My hope is that you will know this joy, too.

"Forget the former things: do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!" (CATAPULT!!)...I, even I am HE who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
Isaiah 43:18, 25

My heart to heart, eye to eye, one on one - with my God today - of all days; He speaks to me.He speaks to you. Do you hear Him? Oh please hear Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment