Friday, September 16, 2011

wait for it.

Have you ever rushed into something - that seemed like it was going to be so good - because after all - THIS was what you were waiting for...and then CRASH - you find yourself in a pile of rubbish - at least rubbish of sorts???

I have done this. I have done this many times. Too many. A move. A job. A piercing. A jet ski. A house. A car. A date. A marriage. A trip. A dress. There were purchases, places, people, great pursuits along my rushing way that imploded on me simply because I did not wait. Because - why?I am the master of my own destiny. I say who - I say when - I say how - I say where (can you hear Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?). At least this was my thinking then. Wait? what for? It's here. It's now. It's...dun-dun-dun...what I want. That's the heart of the matter anyway - right? It's what I want.

I am so grateful! So, so grateful!!!!! that God changed my heart...softly, gently, without condemnation - only with a broom and a mop...and His Word wrapped around my heart to heal my wounds and dry my tears...So grateful for the grace of God! No one - no philosophy - no argument that could be possibly given for the existence of my God - can remove what His Word - He alone - has done in this heart of mine. He won my heart - and I am never letting Him go.

So, having learned the hard way - after all these years - I am in a waiting place once again...but this time - I will wait. I dare not move on my gut instinct, in a weak moment, in a clever thought of rationalization...I will wait. For what? For what indeed. I don't know! Ha! How insane is that?!?! I am waiting on my God - and truly - in this circumstance I have no idea what that direction, that inspiration, that Word will look like. I only know this - to move forward without Him - is my downfall. And actually, I'm not stymied here in the waiting. I am blessed! Better is one day in the courts of God before Him - than a thousand elsewhere. So I am hanging out here - worshiping my God in today - with all that today is purposed to hold. And I will wait silently with MUCH HOPE. I know that I know that I know - what God has done. And I know that I know that I know - He is able to do much more than I could ever hope for or imagine...and so - I will wait.

Psalm 106:13 "...They forgot what He Had Done...and did not wait for His plan to unfold."
Psalm 106:13

Noah waited on God. Abraham, too - he waited. Moses waited. Esther waited. Jacob waited. Rahab waited. Joshua waited. Elijah waited. Isaiah waited. David waited. John waited. Mary waited. Joseph waited. Peter waited on God - and Paul he waited, too....and was it because they knew what it was like to move ahead without waiting. Perhaps. Perhaps indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment