Friday, September 16, 2011

one moment.

It was one moment. Just once. Does that really determine everything?

To me...yes.

One moment changed my life a thousand times. Just once. And everything was determined.
I received a diploma.
I broke a heart.
I said good-bye.
I lied.
I said yes.
I said no.
I went in that house.
I left and never went back.
I drove away.
I arrived.
I took a drink.
I took a drag.
I called in sick.
I bought a car.
I over-slept.
I lost my keys.
My father died.
My mother remarried.
My divorce was finalized.
My house was empty.
My apartment was full.
I passed the test.
I had an interview.
The phone rang.
The job was mine.
He smiled at me.
I smiled back.
I said I do.
and so did he.
I held my daughter.
I held my son.
I signed my resignation.
I gave in.
I let go.
I held on.
I crossed the finish line.
She bought me a ticket.
I climbed aboard.
I saw the mountains.
I saw those eyes.
The war was over.
He prayed with me.
I prayed for them.
We prayed together.
I confessed.
He did too.
I was well.
She had a stroke.
I said I would go.
She could not walk.

We walked the mall.
I drove home.
I hugged them tight.
They hugged me tight.
The sun went down.
and there was peace.
The sun came up.
Here we are again today. 24 hours of moments.

One moment has in fact changed everything.
Many times. And so because of that. Yes. Every moment - to me - one alone - defines the next of everything else that follows.

1 comment: