Friday, October 12, 2012

Advice to a Bride

We're going to a wedding this weekend. I can't wait. I love weddings. I love the romance, the attention to detail that has been invested, the joy, the friends we get to spend time with, the music, the laughter, the dancing that makes me feel old and yet so young in love, the couple that I cannot stop taking my eyes off of. I see them, I see their hope, I see the challenges and adventures they have yet to share. I see the Gospel. Yeah - I do. We - the church - get to be the bride of Christ! And I can't wait to celebrate my face off because then - THEN - OH YES! YES! THEN! I'm drinking a full cup of whatever Jesus is pouring! Was I a little to enthusiastic there? Sorry. I am ALWAYS and forever a party girl, just a redeemed one. Long story - another day. WEDDINGS! Best date night for a thousand reminiscent reasons.

SO - here's my advice, beautiful bride!!! All that Victoria Secret, sexy, swanky, gorgeous stuff that you get to wear for your prince...Girlfriend - that is for YOU! Yes! That stuff - so for us. We need to feel...desirable. But I have great news for you...YOU ARE DESIRED! He can't wait to get his arms around you, and that gorgeous silky, lacy, wrapping around the glory that is ALL of you - heart, soul, and mind - THAT is going to wind up on the floor. HE already desires you...Hear me out on this because I need this reminder, so I wanna share it with you...We can't let that "feeling" of being desirable - stymie us in our marriage. You may not know what I am saying right now - but you so will. You won't feel desirable so you won't want to be desired. You may push him away because of your big - fat - lie of a feeling that is grippin' your heart. You don't have to put on - dress up - perfume - light candles - all that jazzy jazz we do - to be desired by your husband. YOU SO SO SO ARE! Test me on this one. Baseball hat - t-shirt - lounge pants - and no makeup. Ask him - when you're married of course - if he wants you - right there and right then. Watch his response! Do it! So fun!

We - our ideas about what makes us wanted and desired - can stifle that HOT love that our husbands have brewing ALL. THE. TIME. I pray DAILY! God - let me stir his desires and not stifle them. Broken perspectives harmed my heart - but God has poured wisdom over all of it...And so, I just had to share it with you...

You know I have to go back to Jesus on this thought - cuz I don't ever want to share anything with you that is not grounded in our God. Did you do anything - ANY ONE LITTLE THING - to deserve the love, mercy, salvation, and grace of our God? LOUD RESOUNDING - NO! WE did nothing to be swept up in the arms of our God. His love was poured out for us - while we were YET sinners - rejecting, rebelling, mocking and spitting in His face. Romans 5:8.Can you even believe it? Yeah - I'm with you! Tears! How great is our God?!?!? We didn't clean up and then come to Christ, right? We might have tried...What a joke! But then we realized - only HE can fix our heart. Only He can change us. Only He can make us clean. AND in that realization - we loved Him...for the first time, we loved Him. GOSPEL!!! oh the GOSPEL!!!

Back to you and your hubby...Remember you are HOT, little mama. YOU are desired by the man God has blessed you to do this life with... WALK daily in that "comin' at him down the aisle - can't get the grin off his face or the tear out of his eye" - DESIRE!!!! Walk in it, bride. YOU are spectacular! You truly are.

Now - if you want his attention... Walk around the house with a hammer and nails...That's what I do! I was going to hang a picture right now...and all I could hear was the sound of my husband's voice..."Hey, where you going?" I love when he says that!

LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment